Friday, February 12, 2016

Writer's as Readers

1. The best atmosphere to be in for my ability to read to be at a high has nothing to do with the environment I'm in. If my mind is not in the right place, then it's hard for me to read. I need to be more introspective and interested more than anything else.
2. I like realistic fiction the most. It prefer it because it has relatable messages and convey real life examples of problems in society. I enjoy reading such insightful writings.
4. Being able to pass the time, or if I was ever in a boring situation or an unpleasant one, I could just go read this book. That book would then take me out of that situation and into a different one.
5. 1984, I remember reading in a few days on a trip I took to California. However, to begin with I was very reluctant to read it, but it turned out to be a great book. It was interesting and intellectual. I couldn't stop reading it, whenever we had down time, I would read it. I wanted to know what would happen. As far as a book that I had to force myself to read, probably To Kill a Mockingbird. I actually didn't read the last four pages. The plot is meaningful, but slow.
12. I have always believed that people who avidly read are better speakers. You learn the flow of words and how to better construct sentences through reading.

1 comment:

  1. I think the last 4 pages of Mockingbird might be one of my top 5 favorites of all book passages I've ever read! I cry every. single. time.

    ReplyDelete