Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Pillow Talk

I woke again, it was the third time that night. Even though I'd gone to bed early it seemed as though the extra effort to get more sleep tonight wouldn't pay off. I sighed, closing my eyes again, trying to clear my mind. But, to no avail, I remained awake. In my thoughts I pondered as to why I had woken up. I felt exhausted and I was in a calm environment. I wasn't hindered by any scary dreams or frights. After another minute or so I sat up. I looked back down at my pillow and all of the sudden it didn't seem so inviting. This of course was nothing to make me happy. Right now I wanted to sleep. That is because I needed to be getting up in three hours. I needed every second of shut eye possible. Maybe if I got up and ate something I'd be able to go back to bed. However, there was only one problem with that. It was the dark abyss between my room and the living room. Quietly as I could, I creaked open my door. Then as quickly as I could, I rushed through the hallway and into the living room flipping on lights as I went. As I entered the kitchen a found a few things to snack on, I realized I was even more awake than before. That was unfortunate. Once I made the journey back to my room I laid down. Again, I tried to fall asleep but it just wasn't doing any good at all. That's alright I said to myself, I'll sleep when I'm dead.


1 comment:

  1. I've been in this same scenario...and once you get up, your body seems less likely to relax into sleep than before.

    ReplyDelete