Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Dream Threads Story

I read on facebook that "your first dream of the New Year comes true," I know it's dumb and just a coincidence, but mine actually is starting to. The first dream of the new year was fantastic. I don't often have pleasant dreams but this one was spectacular. In my dream, I dreamt of all the things I'd been needing and wanting most lately. A raise at my job, the boy in my second block, so many other things too. But mostly, for my grandmother's health to improve. When I awoke from this dream, I felt weird. It was probably my own doing. However, it made me glad to hope. Over the next couple of weeks odd things started happening. Well, they weren't odd but, they were good. Was there weight in this superstition? I did get a raise but, that's because of our yearly review. So in theory, I would have probably gotten it anyway. But of course there was that other thing. That boy in my second block, Ryan, him and I have been talking. But then again, my friend had already assured me that she'd set us up. So what if this is all a coincidence. I needed it not to be. My grandmother's health was declining drastically since I dreamt that dream. If I was being honest with myself above all else I wanted her to be okay. Finally one night as I lay down, I convince myself that if I dream long and hard enough it will come true.



1 comment:

  1. Key word here seems to be HOPE, and hanging on to it for whatever reasons, both valid or coincidence, seems to be a comfort...

    ReplyDelete