Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Night Hopper Inspired

Image result for night hopper

Jack had been a solitary man for a very very long time. Once he got out of his house he moved to the big city to find work. He thought that would change up his life but not quite. He ended up in a dead end desk job miserable. Since he moved away from all the people he knew he didn't have a lot of friends around him. Also, all the people he worked with were older men so he didn't have a crowd to hang around really. He had one solid friend he'd met in a bar, but that was it. After living there for a few years, he grew awfully lonely. The last time he had a girlfriend was back in his hometown. But the places he went he didn't meet too many women unfortunately. Until finally one day on a day he had off, he was walking through a park by himself. It was getting late and before he went back home he thought he'd take a sit for a moment. He wasn't feeling so great that day and he sat down. That's when his eyes met with a young woman walking towards him. She wasn't just walking in his direction, but he could see that she was coming up to him. He first noticed that she was very pretty, but she looked flustered. She came right up to him and didn't hesitate to ask, "have you seen my dog?" she gasped. Jack stopped, his mouth held open, he wasn't sure what to say. He was shocked at his own attraction to her and scrambled to find something to say that would make her stay.
"Um, yes," he lied quickly. "Or I mean, I saw a dog."
She took a deep breath and stood up straighter, "can you help me, I lost my dog. He's blind in one eye and I'm very worried about him being lost in this huge city."
Jack immediately stood up and took on the hero roll, "of course I can."
In the back of his mind he knew he had to get up early and he probably shouldn't be staying out late. But at the same time he didn't care.
The rest of the evening was spent looking for her dog until the early hours of the morning. They went everywhere looking for the dog, and up and down all the streets. Jack led Jenny on a mad hunt for a dog that didn't even exist to him. He felt sorta bad, but didn't really because it was nice being around her. They talked about themselves and the things they liked and it made him happy. Eventually at around three a.m. the two hadn't gotten anywhere with locating the dog and they were getting pretty tired. Jack suggested they stop into one of his favorite diners to get coffee. When they got in they continued to chat and drink their coffee. That is until Jenny gasped, and pointed out the window. There was a dog sitting on the corner and she exclaimed that it was hers. "See, I told you that we were gonna find him," Jack smiled.



2 comments:

  1. To my creative writing comrades: I have truly enjoyed all the afternoons we've shared in class. Some of us go way back to film as lit, and a few of you knew me in elementary school when I was the kid with glasses that pretended she was a horse. Those were the days. It hasn't really settled in that there won't be another class we share in the same way, but I'm ready for the future and the adventure and experiences it has to offer and I hope you guys are too. I know for a fact all of you are going to make some awesome mistakes and also put greatness out into the world just like I am. What a treat it has been to share the warm, creative space of Mrs. Fraser's class with you lovely people. I'm looking forward to the future and what it holds for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upon entering this class I had no idea what to expect from my classmates. Each of you is bold, creative, humorous and inspiring. Each of your pieces is full of character and is well written. I know each of you will be amazing and life will bring you happiness and success, but only if you are an active participant. Good luck, don't get too lost out there.

    ReplyDelete